Graphic Design Internship
Hours: 5-10 hours per week (NYC or remote commuting)
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Deadline & Guidelines: Applications are due October 15, 2018. Submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio online.
The Cambridge Writers’ Workshop, Inc. seeks interns for our creative media team.
- Attending regular meetings with the executive board
- Designing clear and engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include logos, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed
- Basic HTML coding
- Researching creative inspiration
- Reading and following art and design news
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Illustrator
- Experience producing content on a timely basis
- Possess energy, enthusiasm, sense of humor, people skills, creativity
- Have organizational skills, strict attention to detail, & ability to meet deadlines
- Interest or experience in publishing
Address the following questions in your cover letter:
- What makes you excited about interning with the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop?
- How will your skills help us as an organization?
- What skills do you hope to gain from your experience with the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop?
Please also include a portfolio with 3-5 posters, flyers or other marketing material samples you have previously completed.
* This is an unpaid internship but course credit or Federal Work Study hours and course credit may apply. Please inquire about details at email@example.com