Media Arts Internship
Hours: 5-10 hours per week (Cambridge, MA or remote commuting)
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Deadline & Guidelines: Applications due March 15, 2018. Submit a cover letter and resume via cww.submittable.com
The Cambridge Writers’ Workshop, Inc. seeks interns for our creative media team. Interns will further their knowledge in the following areas:
- Editing and producing podcasts and videos for podcast platforms such as SoundCloud, iTunes, etc. and video platforms such as Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Researching new media platforms and techniques
- Copy editing promotional materials (print & web)
- Formatting pieces for the web
- Contributing to our Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook pages
- Attending regular meetings with the executive board
- Have experience and familiarity with audio programs including, but not limited to, Audacity, Adobe Audition, WavePad, etc., as well as video programs including, but not limited to, Adobe Final Cut and Premier, iMovie, Avid, etc.
- Have experience producing content on a timely basis
- Possess energy, enthusiasm, sense of humor, people skills, creativity
- Have organizational skills, strict attention to detail, & ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interest audio/video editing and publishing experience
Address the following questions in your cover letter:
- What makes you excited about interning with the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop?
- How will your skills help us as an organization?
- What skills do you hope to gain from your experience with the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop?
Please also include an audio/video portfolio with at least 3 media files (URL links to files are fine) that you have created.
* This is an unpaid internship but Federal Work Study hours and course credit may apply. Please inquire about details at email@example.com