Editing & Communications Internship
5-10 hours per week (NYC or remote commuting)
6 months (renewable)
Deadline & Guidelines:
Applications accepted year-round on a
rolling basis. Submit a cover letter and résumé online.
The Cambridge Writers’ Workshop, Inc. seeks interns for our editing & communications team. Interns will gain experience in:
- Copyediting promotional materials (print & web)
- Formatting pieces for the web
- Editing and generating web content (blogging about literary topics)
- Editing and generating newsletter content
- Contributing to our Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook pages
- Attending regular meetings with the executive board
- Possess energy, enthusiasm, sense of humor, people skills, creativity
- Have organizational skills, strict attention to detail, & ability to meet deadlines
- Have fluency in internet and social media (esp. Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and WordPress)
- Strong interest editing/publishing experience
- Experience with Photoshop & HTML helpful but not necessary
Address the following questions in your cover letter:
1. What makes you excited about interning with the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop?
2. How will your skills help us as an organization?
3. What skills do you hope to gain from your experience with the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop?
* This is an unpaid internship but Federal Work Study hours may apply.
Please inquire about details at email@example.com